Online sabong, or cockfighting, is a popular pastime in the Philippines. It is estimated that over 10 million Filipinos gamble on sabong on a regular basis, and the industry is worth billions of pesos.
In recent years, there have been growing concerns about the negative impact of online sabong, particularly on problem gamblers. The government has responded by introducing new regulations that will make it more difficult for people to gamble on sabong, and that will provide more support for problem gamblers.
What are the new online sabong regulations?
The new online sabong regulations include the following:
- Age restrictions: Players must be at least 21 years old to gamble on sabong.
- Registration requirements: Players must register with a licensed sabong operator and provide proof of identity and age.
- Deposit limits: Players will have a limit on the amount of money they can deposit into their sabong account each month.
- Loss limits: Players will have a limit on the amount of money they can lose on sabong each month.
- Cooling-off periods: Players will be able to take a break from sabong for a set period of time (e.g., one week, one month, or six months).
- Self-exclusion: Players will be able to exclude themselves from sabong for a set period of time (e.g., one year, five years, or permanently).
What does this mean for you?
The new online sabong regulations will make it more difficult for people to gamble on sabong, and they will provide more support for problem gamblers.
If you are a problem gambler, the new regulations will make it easier for you to control your gambling. You can set deposit limits, loss limits, cooling-off periods, and self-exclusion periods.
If you are concerned about the impact of online sabong on your loved ones, you can talk to them about the new regulations. You can also encourage them to set deposit limits, loss limits, cooling-off periods, and self-exclusion periods.
What the new regulations mean for you?
The new regulations from PAGCOR will have a number of positive implications for online sabong players in the Philippines. Firstly, the licensing requirement will help to ensure that only reputable operators are able to offer online sabong services. This will reduce the risk of fraud and abuse.
Secondly, the player protections included in the new regulations will help to keep players safe and secure. For example, the age verification requirement will ensure that minors are not able to participate in online sabong. The deposit limits and self-exclusion options will also help players to control their gambling habits.
Finally, the fair play measures included in the new regulations will help to ensure that all players have a fair and equal chance of winning. This will make online sabong a more enjoyable and rewarding experience for everyone involved.
The new online sabong regulations from PAGCOR are a positive step forward for the industry. They will help to protect players and ensure the fair operation of online sabong platforms. As a result, online sabong players in the Philippines can expect a more enjoyable and rewarding experience in the future.